Sunday, October 25, 2009

We have our theme and topics after the 2nd Meeting

Our second meeting was nicely productive.

Our theme for the semester will be Ethics and Institutions. At our next meeting we will be discussing dominant viewpoints of Ethics (Nov 6th), including principles (Kant) vs. use (Mill). At the following meeting, we will be discussing institutions and bias (Nov 20th). The topics the group raised all seemed to circle these two themes.

I have opened up the ability to add comments so that anyone can post.

2 comments:

  1. do we get readings for Friday?? (my dork status is ever elevating..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about readings, but I am now thinking since Friday is (AHHHH!!!) two days away, that I will post good and decent descriptions of Kant and Mill's dueling concepts and an awesome discussion will hopefully ensue.

    ReplyDelete